01548 854 878 [email protected]

Complaints Procedure

Complaints should not happen, but we do operate a complaints procedure.  Usually complaints arise out of:

(a) communication misunderstandings; and/or
(b) unfulfilled expectations.

If you are unhappy, we would be grateful if you would firstly please speak to the person with conduct of your file.  Often issues can be nipped in the bud and sorted.

David Hassall has responsibility for all matters and any complaints.  If matters cannot be resolved, David will refer the matter for determination by the Devon & Somerset Law Society.  We are parties to a Conciliation Service operated without charge to You by the Devon & Somerset Law Society who can be contacted by telephone on 01392 366333 or via the DASLS website: www.dasls.com.

None of the above affects your right to complain to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (“SRA”) or the Legal Services Ombudsman.

All complaints will be responded to within 7 days and investigated within 14.

All complaints are monitored in an effort to positively improve our individual and collective standard of care.

We have eight weeks to consider your complaint.  If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman, who can be contacted by telephone on 0300 555 0333 or you may write to them at Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ to consider the complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).

In some circumstances you may also be able to seek redress from our regulator, the Solicitors Regulation Authority (www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems.page).  You also have the right to object to the bill and apply for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not deal with a complaint about the bill if you have applied to the court for an assessment of the bill.

Share This